Friday, January 23, 2015

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Hi everyone!

So I just finished Wuthering Heights.

Wow.

The artistry of the words really impressed me. I'm amazed at how flawlessly Bronte captured human nature into words.

The book itself is really dark and strange. I didn't much like the plot, but the ending was (somewhat) satisfactory.

It's not a romantic book. It's a tragedy, to be quite honest.

The elder Catherine really bothered me. Her persistent whining and tantrums got on my everlasting nerves.

The younger Catherine was much easier to bear, although she is a bit spoiled. (a bit more than a bit.)

My favorite character was definitely Hareton. Poor guy!

I literally got terrified every time I saw Heathcliff's name in the book. I was on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happened. He does some awful things and none of the other characters could really do anything about it.

I'm not going to go into detail about the plot because spoilers! but overall it was a dreadfully scary book.

However, I for one enjoyed it. It's kind of like the first season of Supernatural; scary but entertaining.

If you enjoy reading classic novels that are dark and realistic, this book is for you.

My rating: 4.75/5



No comments:

Post a Comment